A (long) list of new places in Barcelona
It's crazy how many new places keep opening in the city! Every time I see something interesting I write it down in my notebook. Here are my recent findings (I haven't tried them yet so I don't know if they're good or not!):
- La Trocadero: This place hasn't opened yet, but you can follow them on Instagram (@latrocadero). Urban vegan food.
- Rocambolesc: Michelin-starred Jordi Roca's crazy ice-cream place has just opened in Liceu!
- Casa Dorita: a tapas bar in Sant Antoni, with a pretty interior.
- Dos Pebrots: The team behind Dos Palillos is opening this place very soon, on Dr Dou in the Raval (@dospebrots)
- Chigre: The team behind Llamber is opening up a new place, very curious what it will be like!
- All you Eat is Love: Flexitarian restaurant on Marina, looks great. @allyoueatislove
- El Mama y La Papa: A restaurant that will open in an old anchovies factory in Poble Sec. Instagram: @elmamabarcelona.
- El Chiringuito de Bonay: in the evenings (Wed-Sun) you can go up to the Rooftop in Casa Bonay. They opened it up very recently and it looks interesting.
- Auto Rosellon: Organic food, good coffee in a beautiful environment. @autorosellon
- Merkado and Cheeso: the Melia hotels are investing in their restaurants and it seems that the result is something very interesting!
- The Chacina Taberna: An Andalusian restaurant on Enrique Granados, heard very good things about it. @thechacinataberna
- Kawamura: New Japanese restaurant specialized in ramen, apparently excellent.
- Hidden Cafe: Specialty coffee and great looking cakes.
- Firebug: The third sibling to Marmalade and Milk. Their brunch is said to be excellent. @firebugbarcelona
- Mr Peppers: Located in Poble Nou, street food with Venezuelan influences. They also have a menu del dia.
- Bobo Pulpin: Creative food with a fascinating deco. Specialized in octopus. @bobopulpin
- Can Paixano in Encants: Dear old Can Paixano has opened another location in Encants.
- ArteSants: Craft beer, bravas and burgers in Sants.
- BaoBar: Paco Perez (MIramar, L'Eggs, La Royale) has opened a premium Bao Bun place. @baobarbarcelona
- La Pasticceria di Gracia: Killer cakes and coffee on calle Verdi in Gracia.
- Atmans Coffee: Specialty coffee, cake, breakfast in a cool space. @atmanscoffee
- Moix Wine & Gastrobar: A new gastro bar in the Raval, looks promising. @moix_wine_gastrobar
Places opened already in spring but worth mentioning:
- Fulano Mengano: Simple but delicious apparently, in Sarria.
- Estimar: market-style food in the Born.
Places I've already been to, recently opened but worth mentioning:
- Hammock Juice Station: wonderful place with organic food, cold-pressed juices and tasty cakes. AND amazingly comfortable hammocks to sit in..! @hammockjuicestation
- Uay Balam: Crafty sweets and cakes in this oasis in Gracia. @uaybalamm
- Cellarer Wine Bar: more than 40 wines per glass (and half glasses too if you want to taste many) and food in a laid-back environment. @cellarerwinebar
- Gats: Beautiful restaurant from En Compañia de Lobos (The Green Spot, Gallito, Ninot Cuina). @gatsbarcelona